- USD/JPY, AUD/USD, NZD/USD Rates Sink as HK Bill Fuels Trade War
The USD/JPY, AUD/USD and NZD/USD may decline after the US passed the Hong Kong Bill, fueling concerns that Chinese countermeasures may derail US-China trade deal hopes.
- Canadian Dollar Outlook Hinges on Inflation, BOC Rate Cut Odds
Canadian Dollar overnight implied volatility measures jumped higher ahead of the high-impact release of the monthly Canadian inflatio report Wednesday, which could materially sway BOC rate cut odds.
- Dow Jones Forecast Awaits Retail Earnings and Fed Minutes
The Dow Jones will look to trade wars and further earnings from the retail sector where, after great earnings from Walmart, performances have tapered off and could threaten the index.
- Canadian Dollar Forecast: USD/CAD, CAD/JPY, NZD/CAD Levels
The Canadian Dollar will look to endure upcoming economic data in the days ahead, but a strong story throughout may be required to right the sinking ship that is the Loonie.
- Sterling Technical Analysis: GBP/USD Softens, Support in Sight
The British Pound continues to carry an overtone of strength, but an imposing level of resistance sits overhead in GBP/USD.
- Crude Oil Price Outlook Takes a Blow on Russia OPEC Cut Comment
Crude oil prices are coming under pressure during Tuesday trading after comments out of Russia cast doubt that the country will deepen oil production cuts with OPEC, which sent the commodity plunging.
- GBP/USD Upside Capped, CAD Volatility Plummets – US Market Open
Dovish RBA minutes however, December rate cut calls are misplaced. GBP/USD upside capped by large option expiries. CAD tracks oil lower.
- US Dollar, EUR/USD Test Key Resistance Hurdles on the Chart
It’s been a busy Q4 and risk trends remain on the run. Both the US Dollar and EUR/USD are testing key areas on the chart this morning.
- Positive Market Sentiment Still in Place | Webinar
Traders are still opting for riskier assets such as stocks rather than lower-yielding safe havens as positive news continues to outweigh the negative.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Remains Under Technical Pressure as $8,000 Looms
Bitcoin continues its recent slide and with little in the way of support at hand a break below $8,000 is likely, ahead of a re-test of the multi-month low made in late-October.
- Brexit Briefing: FTSE 100 Shrugs as Cut in Corporation Tax is Delayed
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has decided against a cut in corporation tax in the runup to Brexit but the London stock market continues to rise as polls suggest he has a General Election lead.
- Gold Price Analyis: Resistance May Come Under Renewed Pressure
Gold is slowing moving off its recent three-month low and the move higher may be accelerated with a bullish technical signal flashing on the chart.
- Euro, S&amp;P 500 Index Eyeing Shaky US-China Trade War Talks
In the absence of market-moving data, the Euro and S&P 500 index will be at the mercy of market mood and shaky US-China trade war talks.
- Gold Prices Gain On US-China Trade Doubts, Fed Minutes Loom
Asia Pacific markets remained predictably focused on US-China trade matters, with investors clearly more concerned that even an interim deal can be done any time soon.
- Oil Price Vulnerable to Wait-and-See OPEC Amid Record US Crude Output
The price of oil pulls back from a fresh monthly high ($58.17) as OPEC shows little intentions of taking additional steps to balance the energy market.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.