- EUR/USD Pares Gains as Core U.S. PCE Climbs Ahead of FOMC Meeting
EUR/USD struggles to retain the advance following the Euro-Zone’s upbeat CPI report as data prints coming out of the U.S. highlight a similar dynamic.
- Pound May Rise as UK GDP Downturn Portends Softer Brexit Rhetoric
The British Pound may counterintuitively rise on data showing UK economic growth slowed in the first quarter as markets prioritize politics over BOE policy considerations.
- Gold Prices May Rise as Soft US GDP Cools Fed Rate Hike Bets
Gold prices may recover from a two-week low first-quarter US GDP figures disappoint already most expectations, slashing bets on about another Fed rate hike in the near term.
- EUR Could Remain Strong After Draghi Notes Downside Risks Diminishing
Thursday’s central bank showdown between the ECB, BoJ, & Riksbank provided some volatility, but also a dose of encouragement for EUR bulls.
- China’s Market News: PBOC’s Talks Dim the Outlook of a Digital Currency
After Bitcoin lost its popularity in China, investors shift their focus on a potential new digital currency from the PBOC.
- Peso Losses to Accelerate – USD/MXN Targets Critical Resistance
The rebound is approaching a near-term resistance confluence which if broken could fuel a larger scale recovery. Here are the updated targets & invalidation levels that matter.
- Japanese Yen Outlook Remains Mired by Dovish BoJ- RSI Trigger on Tap?
The near-term outlook for USD/JPY remains constructive as the BoJ highlights a dovish outlook, while the RSI threatens the bearish formation from earlier this year.
- React to the Reaction: ECB, BoJ Temper Tapering Concerns
Two major Central Bank rate decisions and very little by way of new information. But the reaction seen in markets around each decision may be or become usable for traders looking for trend continuatio …
- Euro May Fall as Dovish Draghi Sets Stage for ECB QE Change
The Euro may fall as ECB President Draghi strikes a dovish tone to soothe the markets’ nerves while the central bank adjusts the size of its monthly QE asset purchases.
- Crude Oil Price Recovery Aborted as Trump Tax Plan Disappoints
A sharp crude oil price recovery following supportive inventory flow data fizzled as risk appetite soured after a White House tax reform proposal disappointed investors.
- ECB to Reduce QE- Euro Vulnerable to Dovish Draghi
The European Central Bank (ECB) may sound more dovish this time around in an effort to ward off a ‘taper tantrum.’
- Trump’s Tax Plan Leads USD Higher Before Central Bank Showdown
Wednesday’s focus returned to the USD as it staged a rebound against stronger currencies and gained further against weaker-FX on Mnuchin comments of US tax-cuts.