Keep up with the latest Forex markets news as it happens! Follow the very latest stories and analysis with our dedicated feed from DailyFX provided by IG.
- US Dollar Torn Between Q3 Corporate Earnings, US GDP Data, Virus Spike
The US Dollar may seesaw as investors navigate what could be a volatile week packed with US GDP data, rising Covid-19 cases, Q3 corporate earnings and more.
- Sterling Weekly Forecast – Brexit Talks Continue, Is the End Game Near?
Talks between the EU and UK restarted today and will continue over the weekend as negotiators from both sides battle against the clock.
- Nasdaq 100, DAX 30, Nikkei 225 Forecasts Ahead of Big Tech Earnings
Stocks are set to endure a string of data releases with market-moving potential in the week ahead in the form of tech earnings, European GDP and more, even as the US Presidential election clamors f…
- Euro Forecast: ECB Meeting to Determine Next Major Move in EUR/USD
The longer-term EUR/USD outlook will hinge on Thursday’s ECB guidance; any hint of a further easing of Eurozone monetary policy would weaken it, but that is far from guaranteed.
- Gold Forecast: XAU/USD at the Mercy of a Fiscal Stimulus Deal
Gold prices lack broader direction as the precious metal trends sideways amid conflicting fundamental signals largely due to swings in real yields around fiscal stimulus negations.
- Copper Price Forecast: US Q3 GDP and Chinese PMI in Focus
Copper may be set to extend another leg higher if upcoming key economic data points to a positive recovery in China and the United States
- How Will Markets React to the 2020 Election?
A second term of Trump or a first term of Biden could have significantly divergent outcomes for the U.S. economy and global financial markets.
- US Dollar Firms on Solid PMI Data as Stimulus Hope Fades
The US Dollar is turning higher on back of an upbeat PMI report and renewed doubts for a stimulus deal before the election.
- Rand Update: ZAR Strength May Be Short Lived Ahead of Budget Speech
The ZAR posted gains vs the dollar this week in the lead up to a busy week comprising of unemployment data and the delayed Mid-Term Budget speech
- British Pound (GBP) Latest – PMIs Warn of Q4 Slowdown, Brexit Talks Continue
The latest Markit PMI figures suggest that while the economy expanded in October, the rate slowed considerably compared to September.
- EUR/USD Outlook: Robust Manufacturing Sector Pushes Euro Higher
Euro finds support this morning as a robust manufacturing sector defies expectations.
- How to Trade the Impact of Politics on Global Financial Markets
In a slowing global economy, the threat of geopolitical risks destabilizing global growth are elevated and open the door to violent volatility – and trading opportunities.
- Crude Oil Prices May Rise on US Stimulus Hopes, PMI Data
Crude oil prices may rise on firming hopes for a near-term round of US fiscal stimulus coupled with firming PMI data. A soggy demand outlook might cap gains however.
- Dow Jones Underpinned by Jobs and Housing Data, Final Debate in Focus
Dow Jones futures extended gains after rising 0.5% on Thursday, supported by better jobs data and a strong rebound in existing homes sales. Asia-Pacific equity markets look set to trade mixed.
- Gold Price Uptrend at Risk Ahead of Third Presidential Debate?
Gold prices may rise if the final presidential debates reinforces Mr. Biden’s lead in the polls and softens demand for the haven-linked US Dollar.