Keep up with the latest Forex markets news as it happens! Follow the very latest stories and analysis with our dedicated feed from DailyFX provided by IG.
- S&amp;P 500 Continues to Trade Around Highs as Big Banks Beat on Earnings
The S&P 500 continues to trade above the 4,100 level as strong bank earnings and reductions in loan-loss reserves provide further evidence of the improving economic outlook.
- Short AUD/CAD: Q2 Top Trading Opportunities
Heading into Q2, I am bearish on AUD/CAD on US economic outperformance, BoC tapering and favourable positioning.
- Euro Forecast: EUR/USD Bulls Eyes Key Resistance as US Dollar Loses Steam
EUR/USD bulls in control as USD loses its shine, edging towards key resistance.
- Dogecoin Explodes and Leads the CryptoMania Ahead of Coinbase DPO, Bitcoin Cash Surges
Dogecoin surges over 80% as the crypto markets booms in anticipation of the Coinbase DPO
- Oil Q2 2021 Technical Forecast
After an impressive start to 2021, the oil forecast for the second quarter of the year is lacking an overly optimistic tone given a weaker picture for demand and stronger growth in rival supply, as…
- USD/CAD Weakness Set to Continue, Support Under Pressure
USD/CAD weakness remains with the pair drifting lower on a weaker USD and a better-bid oil market.
- British Pound (GBP) Outlook: GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD, GBP/JPY Weakening
Sterling is shifting lower against the Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar and Japanese Yen, as well as the Euro, after Andy Haldane, the lone hawk among UK policymakers, decided to step down.
- Nasdaq to Outperform Dow Jones as Reflation Trade Loses its Luster
The tech-heavy Nasdaq may outperform the benchmark Dow Jones index in the coming weeks as strong demand for Treasuries, and in-line inflation prints, take some steam out of the Reflation Trade.
- Crude Oil Prices Climb on Falling Stockpiles, Brighter Demand Outlook
Crude oil prices extended higher on a larger-than-expected fall in crude inventories. Bullish momentum was building after OPEC+ upgraded its outlook for global oil demand.
- Gold Prices Probe Barrier as Inflation Data Sinks the USD and Yields
Gold prices advanced as longer-dated Treasury yields fell after a smooth 30-year bond auction. Strong US inflation data sent the US Dollar lower and buoyed precious metals prices.
- New Zealand Dollar Forecast: NZD/USD Unscathed as RBNZ Holds Course
The New Zealand Dollar gave a muted reaction following the RBNZ’s April OCR decision. NZD/USD appears to be aiming higher after a Falling Wedge break.
- S&amp;P 500 Index Hits Record Highs as Bond Yields Drop, Nikkei 225 Falls as Machine Orders Contract
The S&P 500 rallied alongside the Nasdaq 100 index after the US released higher-than-expected inflation figures. The Dow Jones pulled back a bit though. Asia Pacific equities look set to trade mixed.
- Singapore Dollar Gains on MAS, GDP Beat. Will USD/SGD Breach Key Support?
The Singapore Dollar rose as the Monetary Authority of Singapore left policy unchanged as GDP data beat estimates. USD/SGD may fall towards early January lows if Treasury yields weaken.
- The CPI and Forex: How CPI Data Affects Currency Prices
Find out how to use the Consumer Price Index to make informed trading decisions.
- AUD/USD at Technical Juncture as Australian Consumer Confidence, RBNZ Looms
AUD/USD approaches trendline resistance, with event-driven risk events looming in the form of Australian Consumer confidence and an interest rate decision from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.