- US Dollar Taking Cues from Other Major Currencies
The British Pound slipped again after retail sales data for September illustrated how high inflation and low wage growth are crimping consumers’ spending habits.
- Crude Oil Price Analysis– Pullback to Offer Opportunity
Crude has rallied nearly 6% off the monthly lows and while prices remain vulnerable near-term, the broader outlook remains constructive. Here are the levels to know.
- Gold Rebound Unravels as Fed Officials Endorse Three Hikes for 2018
Fresh comments from Fed officials appear to be weighing on gold prices as Chair Janet Yellen and Co. look to further normalize monetary policy over the coming months.
- USD Stretches Towards Resistance: Yen, Aussie to Offer Opportunity
The U.S. Dollar continues to move towards a key zone of longer-term resistance. This area rebuked the Dollar’s upward advance around NFP earlier in the month, but will it hold again?
- Euro May Rise as Draghi Speaks, US Dollar Eyes Fed Beige Book
The Euro may rise if a speech from ECB President Draghi emphasizes monetary stimulus limitations. The US Dollar is looking to the Fed Beige Book survey to fuel continued recovery.
- Stagnant U.K. Household Earnings to Fuel GBP/USD Weakness
Another batch of lackluster U.K. data prints may continue to rattle the near-term rebound in GBP/USD as it saps bets for higher interest rates.
- Crude Oil Prices Menace Six-Month High, EIA Inventory Data on Tap
Crude oil prices are poised to challenge six-month highs near the $53/bbl figure as markets await official EIA weekly inventory flow statistics.
- USD Finds Further Bids As GBP Drops and CAD Remains Weak: SW Report
The Canadian Dollar has found a new home as the weakest currency in the G8 SW report as Canada’s 2-year yield advantage to the US vanishes.
- USD/CHF Testing Make-or-Break Resistance
Price has rallied back to a familiar resistance zone with the immediate advance vulnerable while below this threshold. Here are the targets & invalidation levels to know.
- Oil Prices Carve Near-Term Range; Recovery Sputters Ahead of SEP-High
The near-term recovery in crude appears to be sputtering ahead of September-high ($52.83), with oil prices at risk of facing range-bound conditions.
- Brexit Briefing: Accelerate or Take the Handbrake Off?
The UK and the EU continue to try and take the moral high ground with claims and counterclaims leaving Brexit negotiations idling.
- GBP/USD: Carney Pounds Cable as UK Inflation Hits 3%
The British Pound sold-off after this morning’s inflation print saw a 3% number. But this sell-off probably has more to do with the commentary provided by the Bank of England.
- Will the Pound’s Brexit Woes be Overshadowed by CPI, Implications for BOE Policy?
Elsewhere, the US Dollar turns to Fed speakers in the coming days in lieu of significant economic data.
- Gold Prices Tumble as Fed Rate Hike Speculation Heats Up Anew
Gold prices are back on the defensive as Fed rate hike speculation heats up anew following last week’s respite. More of the same may be ahead, even without fresh catalysts.
- British Pound May Rise on UK CPI, Carney Commentary
The British Pound may rise as UK CPI data shows inflation continues to accelerate while testimony from BOE Governor Carney and two new MPC officials takes a hawkish tone.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.