- US Dollar Strength, Euro Weakness Remain as Risk Aversion Shows Up
Last week was a big one across global markets as a number of potential drivers were unveiled, and the net response has been an initial show of risk aversion as global equities have been offered-lower. …
- Euro Forecast: Euro Eyes Sintra ECB Forum for Next Cues
In the wake of the tumultuous rate decision last week that produced the largest single day loss of 2018 for the Euro, traders will look for the next clues on monetary policy at the ECB’s annual moneta …
- Yen, Swiss Franc Aim Higher as Trade War Worries Hit the Markets
The anti-risk Japanese Yen and Swiss Franc are aiming to extend gains scored in Asia Pacific trade amid swelling trade war worries.
- British Pound Forecast: Brexit Talk and BOE Data to Steer the Sterling
The Sterling continues to edge higher again most other currencies – US dollar apart – but the Bank of England and further Brexit talks lie ahead.
- USD Rise, Trade War Fears to Hurt MYR, SGD, PHP – ASEAN Weekly
ASEAN bloc currencies like the Malaysian Ringgit and Philippine Peso are vulnerable to a rising US Dollar and escalating trade tensions. Meanwhile, the USD/SGD climb may stall.
- Crude Oil Prices May Fall Further with OPEC Meeting in Focus
Crude oil prices may fall further after last week’s plunge as markets position for an output boost after a meeting of OPEC and its allies.
- GBP: Brexit and BoE Will Steer Sterling Next Week
Sterling continues to edge higher again most other currencies – US dollar apart – but the Bank of England and further Brexit talks lie ahead.
- Weekly Trading Forecast: EURUSD Policies Diverge, BoE and ECB Forum on Tap
This past week offered a few high points of volatility. Ahead, the same top line themes of trade wars, divergent monetary policy and risk trends themselves will find charge through key event risk and …
- Yuan May Extend Losses Amid Weak Fundamentals, US-China Tariff Battles
Weak Chinese fundamentals and resumed US-China trade war have the Yuan at risk.
- US Dollar: Trade Wars, Fed-Speak Line Up as Upside Catalysts
The US Dollar may continue to build higher against a backdrop of hawkish Fed commentary and growing concerns about global trade tensions.
- Gold Prices Take 2% Hit, Break Impasse with Fresh 2018 Lows
Gold prices held support throughout the Fed’s hawkish rate decision on Wednesday, but a dovish move from the ECB was too much to handle, and a day later Gold prices have posed a -2% move to set fresh …
- S&P 500, DAX & FTSE – Fed and ECB Over With, BoE Next
Data in the week ahead is relatively light in terms of ‘high’ impact events, but we still have the BoE to spark GBP and FTSE volatility.
- Oil Prices to Leak Lower as OPEC Look to Switch On Supply Taps
OPEC’s 174th ordinary meeting is set to take place on June 22nd where expectations are for a relaxing of the current oil supply quota’s.
- US Dollar Pulls Back from 2018 Highs, EUR/USD Hit by Political Risk
It’s been a big week across global markets, and some of this week’s themes may have continuation potential as we trade deeper into the summer. With a fresh bout of political risk in Europe, the single …
- DXY Index Pauses at Yearly High as China-US Trade War Escalates
Meanwhile, as a result of yesterday’s price action, the Euro has seen all of its gains from the past two weeks wiped off the books.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.