- Will China Add Fuel to Risk Aversion? PHP May Face Rate Hikes Next
US yield curve inversion resulted in mixed ASEAN FX as USD fell and global stocks tumbled. Chinese economic activity could slow further, more rate hikes may be in store for PHP ahead.
- Asia Stocks at Risk Post S&P 500 Weekly Dive, Yen Prices May Rise
The Canadian Dollar soared, risk aversion lingered as the S&P 500 capped its worst week since March. Asia stocks may fall, boosting the Japanese Yen as US Dollar faces consolidation.
- Weekly Fundamental Forecast:Trade Wars are Heating Up, Brexit Faces a Fork, Fed Intent Blurs
So much for a gentle slide into a quiet end to a tumultuous year. As we head deeper into the month of December, liquidity will continue to drain.
- Institutions Leave As Market’s Narrative Is Increasingly Government Led
The large drop in the Smart Money Flow Index may be signaling that institutions are stepping out of the market.
- S&P 500, DAX, FTSE Look to Brexit Vote. Trade Wars Remain a Factor
Brexit will be the headline event to watch in the week ahead for equities, but trade wars are ongoing and pose a constant threat.
- Euro Forecast: December ECB Decision to Produce Volatility, Maybe Not Direction
Several competing factors should make for an exciting ECB meeting on Thursday, and as a result, traders should temper expectations for a directional move just yet.
- Can Gold Prices Keep Gains After Brexit Draft Vote, US CPI, ECB?
Gold gained amidst a weaker US Dollar, lower government bond yields on market-wide pessimism. Next week contain numerous uncertainties for gold: Brexit draft vote, US CPI and ECB.
- US Dollar May Rise on Inflation Data, Shaky European Politics
The US Dollar may find fuel to push higher as CPI data boosts Fed rate hike bets while shaky European politics stoke haven demand.
- USD/JPY to Track October Range as Attention Turns to U.S. CPI
Another batch of lackluster U.S. data prints may spur a further depreciation in USD/JPY as it pushes the Fed to adopt a less-hawkish forward-guidance for monetary policy.
- GBP: Sterling Traders Bewildered as Brexit Chaos Intensifies
It would be easier to solve a Rubik’s cube wearing a blindfold than it would be to work out the UK’s position on Brexit which seemingly shifts every day. And that is hitting Sterling, making it increa …
- Canadian Dollar’s Shifting Sentiment May Boost Short Term Prospects
The Canadian Dollar looks to rebound with major event risk in the rearview mirror and shifting bullish sentiment.
- OPEC And Friends Production Cut Exceeds Expectations, Crude Rallies
Crude may still finish the year in the red, but OPEC helped to stop the bleeding with a production cut agreement that exceeded market expectations.
- ETF Flows Reveal Investors Reduced S&P 500, Dow Exposure After G20
Investors ditched their broad-market exposure well before Thursday and Friday’s decline according to exchange traded fund flows as a risk-off tone took hold.
- Why Does the US Yield Curve Inversion Matter?
With US equity markets plunging this week, financial news media has been quick to point out movement in the bond market as the key catalyst.
- AUD/USD Rate Vulnerable to Slowing China Consumer Price Index (CPI)
Data prints coming out of China, Australia’s largest trading partner, may shake up AUD/USD as the region faces its slowest economic expansion since 2009.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.