- Weekly Trading Forecast: All Eyes on Jackson Hole Symposium
Financial markets may be singularly focused on the Fed’s annual conference in Jackson Hole, Wyoming amid a lull in top-tier data flow but politics remain a wildcard.
- Crude Oil Between A Shale Rock And A Hard Place On Third Weekly Decline
WTI Crude Oil ended the week with a strong rebound and hope remains for Bulls when looking at the physical market demand despite falling for the third week on threats of rising U.S. output.
- Gold Prices Rally to Fresh Yearly ahead of Jackson Hole
Prices are closing lower on the week after pressing to fresh yearly highs with all eyes on next week’s economic symposium. Here are the updated targets & invalidation levels that matter next week. …
- S&P 500, Global Markets to Start Week on Edge
Global markets will start out for a second week in a row on the brink of breaking down, how they trade early-on could set the tone for rest of the week.
- Yuan Torn Between Liquidity Shortage, Growth Concerns
China’s monetary policy is back to spotlight this week. To curb risks or to maintain the growth, that is a question.
- USD/CAD to Eye 2017-Low on Dovish Fed as Focus Shifts to Jackson Hole
Headlines coming out of the Fed Economic Symposium may push USD/CAD back towards the August-low amid narrow bets for another 2017 rate-hike.
- NZD Boosted by Risk-on Sentiment But Weakness Remains
The New Zealand dollar benefitted from a bout of risk-on sentiment this week while mixed producer price data was largely ignored. ButKiwi weakness still remains the favored theme.
- Becalmed Australian Dollar May Need Left-Field Impetus
The Australian Dollar may struggle for direction this week as neither the domestic nor the international economic news schedules have very much to offer investors.
- Yen Remains Strong as Risk Aversion Trumps GDP: Inflation on Deck
While second quarter GDP came-in quite a bit stronger than expected, markets appeared to care little as the larger overall theme of risk aversion continued to garner attention.
- GBP: Another Difficult Week Coming Up
August has been a difficult month so far for the British Pound and its weakness looks set to continue in the week ahead.
- US Dollar Rebound in the Balance as All Eyes Turn to Jackson Hole
The impressive resilience of the US Dollar will be tested as markets look for stimulus withdrawal clues at the Fed’s annual gathering in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- USD/CAD Bear-Flag Unfolds Ahead of Fed Symposium in Jackson Hole
USD/CAD may continue to give back the rebound from the July-low (1.2413) as a bear-flag unfolds ahead of the Fed’s Economic Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Will the Dollar, Euro Find Fresh Trends at Jackson Hole?
Next week brings the Jackson Hole Economic Symposium, and appearances by Fed Chair Janet Yellen and ECB President Mario Draghi will be widely-watched for clues around the bank’s near-term stance towar …
- US Dollar Riding August Uptrend as Risk Appetite Deteriorates
Certainly, next week will raise the bar in terms of expectations for market-moving commentary from policymakers, with the Federal Reserve’s Economic Policy Symposium set to take place from August 24 t …
- Uptick in Canada Consumer Price Index (CPI) to Fuel USD/CAD Weakness
USD/CAD may extend the decline following the FOMC Minutes as Canada’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) is projected to pick up for the first time since January.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.