- USD Forecast: FOMC &amp; Trade Deal to Hinder US Dollar Rebound
Fundamental outlook for the US Dollar remains unfavorable considering the Fed plans to keep inflating its balance sheet while markets grow exuberant and frothy amid an absence of volatility.
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq 100, DAX 30 Forecasts for the Week Ahead
A trade deal signing coupled with a string of earnings from the country’s largest banks saw the Dow Jones drive to new records. Can stocks maintain this pace without further catalysts?
- IMF Predicts Modest Global Growth; US GDP to Fall in the Next 2 Years
Global growth is projected to rise to 3.3% in 2020 from 2.9% in 2019, according to the latest IMF World Economic Outlook, slower than previously expected.
- UK Market Webinar: GBP/USD, EUR/GBP and FTSE all Eye UK PMIs
UK financial markets are trading sideways in thin turnover as traders’ thoughts turn to the all-important UK PMI releases at the backend of the week.
- Weekly Crude Oil Forecast: Searching for Stability
Energy markets have had a volatile January so far, defined by the ebbs and flows of the geopolitical tensions between the US and Iran.
- S&amp;P 500 Hits Record, USD Up. JPY, CAD, EUR Outlook Eye Rate Decisions
The S&P 500 sets record highs but forex volatility remains low. Will the Bank of Japan, the Bank of Canada and the European Central Bank awake the Yen, Canadian Dollar and Euro? The IMF and World E…
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Rally Cracks, Hit by Weekend &apos;Flash Crash&apos;
The recent Bitcoin (BTC) rally was bought to a shuddering halt over the weekend as the dominant cryptocurrency fell over $500 in less than one hour.
- British Pound (GBP) Latest: GBP/USD Probing Recent Support Levels
GBP/USD is back below 1.3000 and testing support as traders begin to price-in fears that UK-EU post-Brexit trade talks may well be more fractious than first thought.
- China-Sweden Tensions Flare Up: Another Trade War in 2020?
While Sino-US trade jitters are temporarily abating, China-Swedish trade tensions are rising as a part of a political contagion of growing economic hostilities between nations across the world.
- Gold Prices Still Helped by Interest Rate Prospects Despite Stock Gains
Gold prices rose as a new week got under way. They remain resilient despite a clear rise in risk appetite as the prospect of low interest rates underpins the asset.
- EUR/USD Rate Susceptible to Range Bound Prices Ahead of ECB Meeting
EUR/USD may face range bound conditions ahead of the ECB meeting amid the failed attempt to clear the monthly low (1.1085).
- USD/IDR, USD/MYR, USD/PHP, USD/SGD Fundamental Week Ahead
The US Dollar fell against ASEAN currencies. USD/IDR touched its lowest since February 2018. Bank of Indonesia is ahead as USD//MYR eyes Bank of Malaysia. USD/SGD faces Singapore CPI.
- AUD/USD Monthly Low on Radar amid Muted Reaction to US-China Deal
AUD/USD may continue to give back the rebound from the monthly low (0.6849) amid the muted reaction to the US-China trade deal.
- Stocks May Turn Defensive with US Presidential Election Eyed
Global stocks may turn defensive as the calendar turns to 2020 and financial markets turn their attention to the outcome of the US presidential election.
- US Dollar Rose as British Pound Fell, AUD and NZD to Remain Flat?
The US Dollar gained as the British Pound fell on BoE rate cut bets. The S&P 500 set record highs and the Australian and New Zealand Dollars failed to capitalize on this again.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.