- DXY Index Enters Fourth Day Down, Threatens False Breakout
With the DXY Index flirting with a break back below 95.53, EUR/USD has been challenging 1.1510 to the topside again.
- US Dollar May Rise Before FOMC Minutes After Trump Amplifies Drop
The US Dollar may recover before Wednesday’s release of Augusts’ FOMC minutes after a pullback was amplified by comments from President Trump.
- Crude Oil, Gold Prices Rise as Trump Comments Hurt US Dollar
Crude oil and gold prices rose after US President Donald Trump criticized Fed interest rate hikes, boosting US Dollar-denominated assets as the currency fell.
- AUD/NZD Nets Out Market Mood Swings, Focus On RBA & RBNZ Policy
AUD/NZD can at times net out market mood swings, behaving as “risk neutral”. This allows it to focus more on Reserve Bank of Australia and New Zealand monetary policy bets.
- China’s Debt Mountain Could Roil Markets As 2018 Bows Out
China’s vast debts have long been a pressing background worry for economic analysts and investors. If growth weakens, they could hit the foreground very quickly
- FX Week Ahead: ECB & FOMC Minutes, Japanese CPI, Jackson Hole
The news wire will retain a significant influence with the US-China trade war and the Turkish Lira meltdown still in focus.
- AUD/USD Price Outlook: Aussie Recovery Faces Major Resistance Hurdle
Aussie rebounded from fresh 2018 lows last week with price now targeting a key pivot zone. These are the targets & invalidation levels that matter on the AUD/USD charts.
- Gold Rebound Vulnerable to Hawkish Fed Rhetoric
Gold prices may stage a larger rebound ahead of the fresh comments coming out of the Federal Reserve as bullion initiates a fresh series of higher highs & lows.
- US Dollar Price Action, Euro Weakness In Focus for This Week
A light economic calendar in the early portion of this week brings focus to prevailing trends in the Euro and US Dollar. Meanwhile retracement potential has shown in AUD/USD and perhaps even GBP/USD. …
- NZ Dollar Down as RBNZ Rate Hike Bets Fade, Fed Comments on Tap
The New Zealand Dollar fell with local bond yields on cooling RBNZ rate hike bets. Upcoming Fed commentary may set the stage for the Jackson Hole symposium.
- Gold Prices Rise as Cooling Trade War Worries Weigh on US Dollar
Gold prices rose as ebbing worries about trade war escalation between the US and China weighed on the US Dollar, boosting the perennially anti-fiat metal.
- US/China Trade War Fears Fell, SGD & PHP Rose. USD/IDR Could Drop
A recovery in market mood on reduced US/China trade war fears boosted stocks, SGD and PHP Friday. USD may rise next but IDR’s uptrend since February is running out of steam.
- Weekly Trading Forecast: US-China Trade Talks and a Rebound in Equities Warms Speculative Interest for Next Week
This past week was off to a rocky start with concern of emerging market volatility feeding fear of financial contagion. Yet, with reports of impending talks between the US and China ahead, Turkish mar …
- US Dollar Rally May Resume on Fed Minutes, Jackson Hole Symposium
The US Dollar fell from an 18-month high on hopes for trade war de-escalation. Augusts’ FOMC meeting minutes and the Jackson Hole Symposium may revive the rally.
- Chinese Yuan, Hong Kong Dollar Eye on Central Banks’ Defense At Key Levels
The PBOC has stepped in twice when the USD/CNH broke above 6.90; HKMA has intervened eighteen times when the USD/HKD hit 7.85.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.