- NZD/USD Eyes 2018-Low as 10-Year U.S. Treasury Yield Spikes Above 3.00%
NZD/USD appears to be on course to test the 2018-low (0.7073) as it extends the series of lower highs and lows from earlier this week.
- US Dollar Rallies to Three-Month Highs, Finds Resistance at 2017 Low
The US Dollar has rallied up to fresh three-month highs, and with both the ECB and BoJ on the calendar for later this week, the potential exists for more strength. The bigger question is whether this …
- DXY Bottoming Effort Takes Step Forward as Three More Hikes Eyed in 2018
The DXY Index touched its highest level since January 12 earlier today, briefly eclipsing the 2017 low.
- Dismal U.S. Consumer Confidence Survey to Curb EUR/USD Weakness
Another downtick in the U.S. Consumer Confidence survey may tame the recent decline in EUR/USD as it rattles expectations for four Fed rate-hikes in 2018.
- Yen Vulnerable to Deeper Losses as Market Mood Improves
The Japanese Yen may continue to decline as sentiment improves across the financial markets, sapping the appeal of the standby anti-risk currency.
- GBP/USD Technical Outlook: Key Reversal Targets 2017 Slope Support
Cable is down more than 3% off the yearly highs after reversing from resistance last week. These are the updated targets & invalidation levels that matter from here.
- Crude Oil Prices Eye API Data as Chart Setup Warns of Downturn
Crude oil prices are eyeing API inventory flow statistics with interest as technical positioning hints a downturn may be brewing on the horizon.
- FX Markets Eye ECB and BOJ Meetings, Q1’18 UK and US GDP
The top event of the week is on Thursday when the ECB meets for its April policy meeting.
- USD/JPY Gaps Ahead of BoJ Meeting as U.S. Considers Trip to China
USD/JPY gaps higher as U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin states a trip to China is ‘under consideration’ to negotiate a potential trade deal.
- US Dollar Rallies to Seven-Week Highs Ahead of ECB, BoJ
The US Dollar is getting the week started early, rallying up to fresh seven-week highs ahead of key rate decisions out of both Europe and Japan. USD/JPY is breaking out to two-month highs, and EUR/USD …
- Euro May be Pressured with ECB Meeting in Focus
The Euro trade-weighted index remains up by over +9% year-over-year, a point of interest for the ECB when it meets this week. A small shift in language by the ECB could undermine the Euro as market pa …
- Singapore Dollar and Indonesian Rupiah Face Renewed Fed Hike Bets
ASEAN bloc currencies like the Singapore Dollar face pressure from their US counterpart as Fed rate hike bets were renewed. USD/SGD is trying to make a push higher after a reversal warning sign. …
- Euro May Fall as PMI Data Sets the Stage for Dovish ECB
The Euro may decline as PMI survey data hints economic activity slowed for a third month straight, fueling a recent dovish shift in ECB monetary policy expectations.
- Gold Prices May Fall Further as Fed Policy Bets Inspire Breakdown
Gold prices may continue to fall having broken one-month trend support as a hawkish shift in the Fed policy outlook tarnishes the appeal of anti-fiat alternatives.
- Weekly Trading Forecast: ECB, US GDP Top Action-Packed Calendar
First-quarter US GDP data and an ECB monetary policy announcement headline an action-packed set of top-tier event risk in the week ahead.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.