- NOK, SEK Vulnerable as Europe Slows Down – FOMC Minutes in Focus
The Norwegian Krone and Swedish Krona may find it increasingly difficult to climb higher as the EU economy slows down, potentially dampening economic activity in the Nordics.
- Gold Prices Soar to Challenge Range Top as US Dollar Drops
Gold prices soared to challenge three-week range resistance, buoyed by a weaker US Dollar. A break higher would put a trend-defining top in the crosshairs.
- Nikkei 225 Eyes Key Resistance After Rally in S&P 500 as USD Fell
The US Dollar fell as a recovery in sentiment sapped its appeal as a haven asset. Asia stocks may rise, offering the Nikkei 225 a chance to confirm a close above critical resistance.
- Weekly Fundamental Forecast:Trade Wars and Shutdown Fears Fade, Have We Entered a New Phase of Risk Appetite
Two of the most systemic fundamental threats facing the financial system have eased this past week in the avoidance of a second US government shutdown and the enthusiastic language being applied to th …
- Dow Jones and DAX Hinged to Trade Wars, Potential Auto Tariffs
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the German DAX will look to progress from the US-China trade talks and potential auto tariffs.
- Euro Forecast: Deteriorating Fundamentals Continue to Weigh on Price
The Euro continues to slide alongside deteriorating inflation expectations, which just hit their lowest level in more than two years this past week. Upcoming survey figures don’t look that optimistic. …
- Gold Bull-Flag Formation Continues to Unfold Ahead of FOMC Minutes
Developments coming out of the U.S. economy may continue to heighten the appeal of gold as the Federal Reserve further adjusts the forward-guidance for monetary policy.
- US Dollar Needs Sentiment Consistency to Set Lasting Trend
The US Dollar seesawed last week, reflecting the competing influence of fundamental cross-currents. Risk sentiment consistency may be needed for a lasting trend.
- GBP Fundamental Forecast: Sterling Struggles as the Brexit Clock Ticks
The British Pound is just about keeping its poise against a range of currencies, especially a strong US dollar, with less than two weeks until PM May presents her Brexit deal to Parliament again. …
- Crude Oil Price Tied to Non-OPEC Supply Concerns, Lower Demand
Crude oil will take its price cues from the ongoing concerns on increased supply from non-OPEC sources.
- Stock Market Fund Flows May Suggest the Dow Jones is at a Crossroads
Exchange traded fund flows appeared muted this week, a stark contrast from the record outflows notched just two weeks ago.
- Australian Dollar May Head Lower If RBA Jawboning Starts Anew
The Australian Dollar has just come through a rather more peaceful week than the preceding one but could fall once more if the RBA continues to highlight the benefits of a weaker currency.
- FX Week Ahead – Top 5 Events: EZ ZEW Survey, FOMC Minutes, Aussie Jobs & More
There are several ‘high’ rated events on the calendar over the coming week, but most of them are clustered together on Thursday.
- AUD/USD Rate Rebound at Risk on Dovish RBA Minutes, Lowe Testimony
Fresh comments coming out of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) may rattle the recent rebound in AUD/USD as the board alters the forward-guidance for monetary policy.
- DailyFX Poll: Which Successor to PM May Would be Most Positive for GBP?
DailyFX has conducted a Twitter poll to find out which possible successor to UK Prime Minister Theresa May would be the most positive for Sterling. The results were surprising.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.