- Weekly Trading Forecast: Can Equities and FX Majors Hold Range?
This past week’s price action from indices to FX to commodities was a notable transition from the extreme volatility earlier in the month.
- Gold Trades Heavy on Fed Outlook- Prices Holding Uptrend Support
Gold prices are on pace to mark the largest weekly decline this year amid a short-term recovery in the USD. Here are the updated targets & invalidation levels that matter.
- Outlook for S&P 500, DAX & FTSE Tentatively Constructive
In the week ahead, global stock markets will try to work their way higher, but still have obstacles to overcome; a few notable events on the calendar to keep an eye on.
- Crude Oil Bears Likely Wonder If Shale Producers Were Right All Along
After an inventory report delayed by the US holiday showed surging US exports, shale oil producers are looking smarter than ever while OPEC-member contemplates long-term relationship with Russia. …
- New Zealand Dollar Awaits Key US PCE Data, Powell Testimony
The New Zealand Dollar declined against its US counterpart as Fed rate hike expectations rose. External event risk may dominate domestic news next week.
- Australian Dollar Likely Pulled One Way By US, Another By China
The Australian Dollar faces plenty of likely points of economic interest this week, but few of them are Australian. Chinese and US numbers will hold the trading key.
- Yen Weakness Remains Evasive as Inflation Prints at 34-Month High
Headline inflation continues to rise in Japan, coming in at a fresh 34-month high in January. With Yen-strength becoming a more prominent theme, inflation gains can remain as a key driver in the near- …
- GBP: UK Data Pushed Aside; Brexit Talks Drive Price Action
Sterling remains close to GBPUSD 1.4000, and continues to be stuck in a narrow range against the Euro, despite a weak set of UK hard data releases, as the UK government stands firm in Brexit talks. …
- Dollar Faces Monetary Policy, Protectionism and Euro’s Cross Winds
We will be spoiled for event risk for the Dollar over the coming week. Yet, too many competing catalysts and the influence of market-wide volatility may create as much indecision as conviction.
- US Dollar Prints Bull Pennant Ahead of Powell, US Data
The US Dollar had an abnormally strong week, continuing the bullish engulfing setup from last Friday’s price action. But – with a slew of US data points on the horizon, will the advance be able to con …
- DXY Rebound Pauses at Key Resistance; CAD-crosses Vulnerable
USD/CAD may not be the best place to express a bearish CAD bias today; CAD/JPY and GBP/CAD have clearer technical pictures.
- US Dollar Wipes Out Gains: Japanese Inflation as a Pivotal Driver
The US Dollar caught a bid after yesterday’s release of FOMC minutes. But that theme has been unable to last, and prices are already back to pre-release levels.
- USD/CAD Surges Into Resistance- Rally Vulnerable Ahead of Canada CPI
USD/CAD is up more than 4% off the monthly lows with the rally now testing key resistance. Here are the updated targets & invalidation levels that matter.
- DXY Index Rebound Stalling at Downtrend Resistance
While the minutes themselves resulted in only a minor reaction initially, traders are quickly adjusting to the prospect of four rate hikes this year.
- Crude Oil Prices May Get Lift From EIA Data After Fed-Led Drop
Crude oil prices may find a lifeline if EIA inventory flow data echoes upbeat private-sector estimates having fallen amid fears of aggressive Fed interest rate hikes.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.