- Yuan Faces Eased Pressure from Equities, Yet Lacks New Momentum
The Chinese Yuan may avoid plunging driven by sentiment from Chinese equities; however, its bearish trend has not yet changed, without fundamental improvement.
- Gold Rate Forecast: Awaiting Decisive Breakout with Eyes on US GDP
Gold is on course for its thirdly weekly gain with the precious metal continuing to benefit from the shaky sentiment that has gripped equity markets.
- US Dollar Regains Momentum, Aims to Capitalize on Market Turmoil
The US Dollar may continue to push higher against a backdrop of risk aversion after the Fed signaled it won’t abandon rate hikes to rescue swooning stock prices.
- GBP: Brexit Stuck in a Rut, UK PM May on a Tightrope
The Irish border problem remains unsolved and Brexit negotiations continue to tread water as UK PM May faces a potential rebellion at home.
- Crude Oil Joins Macro Headlines For Busy October As Stockpiles Build
Despite trading to four-year highs to open the month, October has flashed warning signs that demand could be cooling at a time when a key central bank, the Fed is putting the brakes on easy money. …
- AUD Price at Risk to Political Uncertainty, Fed Bets, BoC Rate Hike
The Australian Dollar looks vulnerable, threatened by Prime Minister Scott Morrison losing his majority, rising hawkish Fed policy bets and the Bank of Canada overtaking the RBA.
- FX Week Ahead: BOC on Wednesday, ECB on Thursday, Q4’18 US GDP on Friday
Two central bank rate decisions and a slew of important US economic data culminating in the Q4’18 US GDP report on Friday should keep traders busy all week.
- S&P 500, Dow Volatility Reflected in Deadlocked ETF Flows
This week saw deadlocked fund flows as investors assessed differing fundamental themes.
- British Pound Rates Rise Across the Board on Irish Border Brexit Progress
After a disappointing EU-UK summit earlier this week, news that the UK is dropping a key demand has sparked hopes of a Brexit breakthrough.
- GBP/JPY Price Outlook: British Pound Vulnerable Below This Level
A break below the monthly opening-range has taken price into daily confluence support. Here are the targets & invalidation levels that matter on the GBP/JPY charts.
- US Dollar Softens at Resistance as Dow, S&P Attempt to Stabilize
The US Dollar posed a support to resistance run in the middle of this week, but that topside move is softening after prices encountered a big resistance level.
- DXY Index Hovers Below October Highs; USD/CAD at Six-Week High
The US Dollar is set to close out the week near its highs for the month.
- CAD Slumps on CPI, AUD Rises Despite Slowing China – US Market Open
The Canadian Dollar slumped to the lowest level against the greenback in 6-weeks after a larger than expected drop in CPI and retail sales data.
- Lackluster Canada Consumer Price Index (CPI) to Fuel USD/CAD Strength
Canada’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) may do little to curb the recent strength in USD/CAD as the headline reading is expected to slow to 2.7% from 2.8% per annum in August.
- USD Strength: Is a Strong Currency Good or Bad?
Politicians like to argue a strong currency is a vote of confidence in them. Economists say ‘it depends’. For traders, what really matters is the impact on other currencies and assets.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.