- US Dollar Eyes Trump Speech, Beware of Month-End Rebalancing
All eyes on President Trump’s press conference on China as tensions escalate. Beware of month-end rebalancing.
- USD, JPY May Rise as US-China Tension Over Hong Kong Escalates
The anti-risk US Dollar and Japanese Yen may rise as tension between the US and China escalate over a thorny and familiar topic: Hong Kong.
- USD/CAD Rate Snaps April Range Ahead of Canada GDP Report
Canada’s 1Q GDP report may undermine the recent decline in USD/CAD as the update is expected to show the biggest contraction since the data series began in 1961.
- Australian Dollar May Wilt, Markets Await Trump China News Conference
The Australian Dollar may be at risk to a reversal against the US Dollar after Trump announced a news conference on China later today. Until then, financial markets may remain in limbo.
- ASX 200 &amp; Nikkei 225 Forecast: US-China Tensions Threaten Gains
ASX 200 and Nikkei 225 indexes face renewed headwinds from US-China tensions, as COVID-19 and Hong Kong troubles increase risks to global stability
- EUR/USD Forecast: Euro Soars Past 200-DMA on EU Recovery Fund
Euro strength following the proposed €750 billion coronavirus stimulus package propels spot EUR/USD price action to an eight-week high and above its 200-day moving average. Can the Euro keep climbi… …
- Canadian Dollar Forecast: Support Breach May Lead to Further Losses
USD/CAD suffered a break beneath support earlier this week which may open the door to further losses in the days ahead.
- AUD/USD Price Outlook: Australian Dollar Risk Reversals Slump
AUD/USD price action edges higher owing to steadfast appetite for risk despite the major threat that building China tension poses to the Australian Dollar and market sentiment, but a reversal may l…
- Gold Price Outlook: XAU Overbought as Cycles Drive the Bullish Trend
Gold prices remain perched near seven-year-highs but long-term overbought readings may hinder short-term bullish continuation.
- Nasdaq 100 Price Outlook: Trading Range Remains Intact, Will it Break?
The Nasdaq 100 has long been the leader of the major US indices and may look to continue its melt higher as long as the ascending channel remains intact. What will create a break?
- US Recession Watch, May 2020 – US Yield Curve Hides the Truth
The Federal Reserve’s extraordinary stimulus efforts have had an understandable impact on the US Treasury yield curve – which has lost some utility.
- Euro Forecast: Key EUR/USD Levels to Watch on Symbolic EU Action
EU recovery fund proposal reduces sovereign risks. Eyes on Bund-BTP spread for Euro signal.
- Equity Markets Look Increasingly Fragile as US-China Tensions Escalate
The Chinese Parliament has just authorized a new security bill for Hong Kong, a move that is expected to draw a rapid response from the US. Will this temper stock market enthusiasm?
- British Pound (GBP) Latest: Brexit Increasingly a Focus for GBP/USD Price
GBP/USD will likely be buffeted increasingly in coming days by renewed talks between the UK and the EU on their post-Brexit relationship.
- USD May Rise on Virus-Hit Q1 GDP Data &amp; Jobless Claims Report
The US Dollar may catch a haven bid if secondary Q1 GDP data and jobless claims statistics rattle markets and puts a premium on anti-risk assets.
The latest round up of news from around the markets. Keep up with with Forex news as it breaks with our dedicated feed from DailyFX.